Join me for the second part of our “Change the World” music project episode!
In our last episode we started discussing:
1) How can music influence the body to support fitness and rehabilitation?
2) How can music motivate the mind to promote academic achievement?
In this episode we will be going over some questions including:
1) How can music reflect the psyche to improve mental health?
2) How can music foster intimacy to strengthen relationships?
3) How can music enhance connectedness to support communities?
- Garrison Keillor - "Good Poems and Good Poems for Hard Times” https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poets/garrison-keillor
- Twyla Tharp’s “The Creative Habit” http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Creative-Habit/Twyla-Tharp/9780743235273
- Voice of Calvary Ministries in Jackson, MS http://vocm.org/volunteer-opportunities/
- Urban Servant Corps in Denver, CO. http://www.urbanservantcorps.org/
- Single Words She Once Loved Recital - Megan Ihnen - https://www.facebook.com/events/1731284407149648
- Theaster Gates - http://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/theaster-gates-ingenuity-awards-chicago-180957203/#UkWBeOBJ5cpShR5v.99
- Theaster Gates videos: https://www.google.com/search?q=theaster+gates&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjji_fEs_XVAhVD1oMKHeQlCgIQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1157&bih=736